Public Beta Release of
SVOFFICE™5: SVSLOPE® - 2D/3D Limit Equilibrium Slope Stability Modeling Software
This new software release introduces significant improvements to take 3D modeling to a new level.
The beta release of SVSLOPE® represents a significant leap forward in the ability to set up and solve complex 3D numerical models in reduced time-frames. The new version is the result of working closely with our customers and in particularly addressing the following requested improvements:
- Improved speed of manipulation of large datasets of 3D geometry information,
- Simplified building of complex geometries,
- Support for triangulated irregular meshes (TINs) in order to build models with geo-strata of increased complexity
The software has therefore received a significant upgrade in the 3D functionality. This upgrade has been centered around the ease-of-use with which users can enter and set up large models. In particular, i) the graphics engine has been re-designed to allow high-speed manipulation of complex models, and ii) a new 3D geometry editing software called SVDESIGNER™ has been added to the software offerings to significantly reduce model creation time.
The 2D functionality of the package has also been improved by i) addition of a new and comprehensive block-searching interface, a new list-view to sort and display trial slip surfaces in 2D and 3D, and ii) optimization of critical slip surfaces in order to improve on circular and non-circular slip surfaces found with other searching methods. The 2D software package continues to be a market leader in the area of slope stability analysis.
We are providing a beta of SVSLOPE® for the purposes of gaining valuable feedback. The specific features to note in the software are as follows:
- New and improved block searching in 2D
- Optimization of critical slip surfaces in 2D
- Display of trial slip surfaces in a sorted list
- Display of trial slip surfaces in 3D
- NEW High-Performance Graphics Engine: The new 3D CAD graphics engine provides measureably faster overall operation, with the biggest performance increases in the areas of...
- creation and manipulation of larger more complex models
- quicker rotation and translation of objects
- high quality / print-ready client visuals
- improved CAD editing controls and responsiveness.
- Improved Graphing Visuals: High quality, exportable XY graphs.
- NEW SVDESIGNER™ Conceptual Modeling Software Package: This brand new software program is tightly integrated within SVOFFICE™5 and allows for the representation and manipulation of complex 3D geometry and takes 3D modeling to a whole new level.
- Support for triangulated irregular networks (TINs): Triangulated meshes can be imported from resource modeling packages or created from scatter data or DXF surfaces. Contour surfaces can also be meshed.
- NEW SVSOILS™ Software Package (formerly SOILVISION®): This program has been completely re-designed from the ground up. It is now fully integrated with the SVOFFICE™5 product suite. This upgraded software allows simpler estimations of unsaturated hydraulic properties for groundwater seepage modeling. Also implemented is the ability to manage constitutive behaviours of complex oil-sand tailing materials.
- Re-organized Menu: the menu system within the software has been updated and re-organized in a clearer format to streamline workflow. Primary functions are organized in a left to right format along the menu.
- New SVOFFICE™5 Manager: the project manager dialog has been redesigned to greatly simplify its usage. Models can easily be grouped by project and stored anywhere on the users disk drive.
The premier 2D/3D limit equilibrium slope stability package on the market has continued to evolve and strengthen based on close interaction with our customers. We would welcome you to review our work with the beta version. We would welcome you to review our work with the beta version.
Applications to beta-test the software may be found here!
We will be releasing the beta on Friday, November 13, 2015