SVFLUX™WR is designed for hydrogeologists who want to perform large-scale saturated/unsaturated regional flow modeling. This software was developed as a joint effort between SoilVision and Los Alamos National Labs (LANL). This groundwater seepage application makes use of the advanced FEHM solver to perform the analysis. FEHM code was developed as an advanced finite element solver and came to be after over 50 man-years invested. It has been utilized on many EPA superfund sites. The SVFLUX™WR module allows hydrogeologists to solve models at expanded levels like never before.
The SVOFFICE™5/WR release of SVFLUX™ software contains the following specific improvements...
- NEW FEHM Finite Element Solver Integration: providing the following benefits...
- analysis of complex groundwater modeling
- comprehensive 2D/3D meshing including multiple nodes per layer
- high performance computing capabilities
- easy to use and simplified CAD-based user interface
- perform combined hydrogeological and slope-stability analysis.
- NEW Surface Mesh Support: The new 3D solution offers support for both surface meshes and grids. Surface mesh support allows models of higher complexity to be produced. Models may be based on geometry obtained from SVDESIGNER™ or from other geological modeling packages such as Vulcan, Minesite, GoCAD or Surpac.
- NEW Automatic Mesh Generation Algorithm: The new SVFLUX™WR software introduces a new automatic mesh generation algorithm for increased user control over the mesh. Triangular or tetrahedral meshing is supported.
- NEW Selective Mesh Refinement: We introduced the new Selective Mesh Refinement function to allow the user to manually select specific areas of interest, key zones or along critical boundaries for more targeted refinement processing.
- NEW High-Performance Graphics Engine: the new 3D CAD graphics engine provides measurably faster overall operation, with the biggest performance increases in the areas of...
- creation and manipulation of larger more complex models
- quicker rotation and translation of objects
- high quality / print-ready client visuals
- improved CAD editing controls and responsiveness.
- NEW SVDESIGNER™ Conceptual Modeling Software Package: This brand new software program is tightly integrated with SVOFFICE™5/WR and allows for the representation and manipulation of complex 3D geometry and takes 3D modeling to a whole new level.
- NEW SVOFFICE™5/WR Manager: the Manager dialog has been redesigned to greatly simplify its usage. Models can easily be grouped by project and stored anywhere on the user’s disk drive.
- Re-organized Menu: the menu system within the software has been reorganized to be more clear. Primary functions are organized in a left to right format along the menu.
- Improved Charting: High quality, exportable charts.
Large-scale Hydrogeological Groundwater Flow Models
|The innovative new SVFLUX™WR module combines the market-leading SVOFFICE™ CAD-based 2D/3D model building and visualization interfaces with the groundwater modeling abilities of the FEHM solver developed by Los Alamos National Labs (LANL). The software was developed over 20 years as phase one of a collaboration between SoilVision and LANL. The FEHM solver produces fast solutions of highly non-linear models considering unsaturated soil mechanics. Therefore, regional flow models including many pumpling wells with complex geometry can be modeled. The solution implements a powerful triangular (2D) and tetrahedral (3D) mesher.
Solutions can be visualized through the polished ACUMESH™ back-end visualization software.
SVFLUX™WR therefore allows hydrogeologists to quickly unlock the power of the FEHM solver through a fresh and streamlined CAD user interface. Large and complex modeling problems can be set up quickly and efficiently.
Key features of SVFLUX™WR:
- Analysis of complex groundwater modeling
- Comprehensive 2D/3D meshing including multiple nodes per layer
- High performance computing capabilities
- Easy to use and simplified CAD-based user interface
- Multi-discipline application: perform combined hydrogeological and slope-stability analysis
- Unsaturated flow: Stable and fast analysis of unsaturated soils.
- 2D and 3D solutions handle any type of modeling problem
- Import soil properties from the SVSOILS™ database of over 6200 soils
- Fully automatic mesh generation and manual mesh refinement
- Coupling brings seepage modeling to slope stability problems
- Simple and powerful user interface allows rapid creation of models
- Easily generate 3D models from 2D cross-sections, or slice 3D models into 2D cross-sections
- Extensive QAQC program
- Responsive Technical Support
- 64-Bit Application:
- Create, open, edit and solve larger models of higher complexity faster and more efficiently than previously possible.
- More robust handling of highly variable geologic models improve model convergence runtimes.
- Enhanced dynamic performance for snappier 3D visualization and model interaction.
- Overall speed improvements help you to focus on model development and calibration.
- Improvements in parallel processing with support for up to 64 processor cores.
- Harness the full capabilities of modern 64-bit hardware and 64-bit operating systems.
Time-tested and Industry Proven
The FEHM solver was utilized on the famous Yucca Mountain nuclear storage project to model the regional groundwater flow to ascertain the ability of the site to accept nuclear waste.|
The numerical background of the FEHM computer code can be traced to the early 1970s when it was used to simulate geothermal and hot dry rock reservoirs. The primary use over a number of years was to assist in the understanding of flow fields and mass transport in the saturated and unsaturated zones below the potential Yucca Mountain repository. Today FEHM is used to simulate groundwater and contaminant flow and transport in deep and shallow, fractured and un-fractured porous media throughout the US DOE complex. FEHM has proved to be a valuable asset on a variety of projects of national interest including Environmental Remediation of the Nevada Test Site, the LANL Groundwater Protection Program, geologic CO2 sequestration, Enhanced Geothermal Energy (EGS) programs, Oil and Gas production, Nuclear Waste Isolation, and Arctic Permafrost...READ MORE.
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5/WR software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
1. 3D Modeling Solutions
2. Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
3. Advanced Model Coupling
- With the highly advanced SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
4. 3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
5. Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
6. Spatially Varying Material Properties
- SVDESIGNER™ Allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into SVFLUX™WR for analysis.
7. Product Integration
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our SVSLOPE® and SVFLUX™WR packages
8. Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
9. Extensive Soil Database
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our SVFLUX™WR package.
10. World Class Support
- Our SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.