SVSOLID™GT is a 1D, 2D and 3D finite-element program for geotechnical earth structures. The software can solve both simple problems and complex staged construction or excavation problems involving elasto-plastic soft-soil behavior and consolidation as well as the elastic deformation of rock materials. The SVSOLID™GT software is designed for determining the stress state and deformations in soils under various loading conditions. SVSOLID™GT contains the newly integrated high-performance SVCORE™ Finite Element Engine solver specifically designed to solve stress-deformation problems efficiently. SVSOLID™GT is applicable to geotechnical, civil, and mining projects.
The SVOFFICE™5-GT release of SVSOLID™ software contains the following specific improvements...
- Staged construction / excavation model sequencing: The new SVCORE™ Finite Element Engine allows the creation of complex construction and excavation model sequencing especially suited for the creation of stress/deformation numerical models.
- Quad/Brick Mesh Support: SVSOLID™GT supports quad/brick elements having advantages in:
- vertical flow calculations
- stability of stress / deformation calculations
- Shear Strength Reduction (SSR) slope stability modeling in 2D/3D: Stable solutions of finite element slope stability models are available. SVSOLID™GT continues to complement the 3D SVSLOPE® limit equilibrium package nicely and provides the most advanced package in the world for the solution of large 2D/3D slope stability models.
- New elasto-plastic strength models: several new elasto-plastic constitutive models such as Cam-Clay and Modified Cam-Clay are available with the new solver.
- Consolidation: The solution of coupled small-strain and large-strain consolidation problems has been implemented in the new SVSOLID™GT package. Such solutions are available in 1D, 2D, and 3D.
- Anchors: SVSOLID™GT now implements the ability to model anchors in 2D and 3D for the analysis of retaining walls.
- NEW SVCORE™ Finite Element Engine Solver: In development for over 20 years, our new flagship solver offers better overall performance and more accurate results. It passes all industry benchmarks and shows significant performance gains over FlexPDE under most conditions. SVCORE™ is engineered to be highly adaptable and scaleable thus meeting future needs for many years to come.
- Stable 2D / 3D model solutions: The new SVCORE™ Finite Element Engine has been developed by a geotechnical engineer and designed for the solution of large stress / deformation problems. The solver brings the added advantage of increased solution stability. Stable solutions of large 3D problems involving millions of nodes have been documented.
- Triangulated surface support: the new solver offers advantages in the complexity of geometry which can be represented in a 3D problem. 3D problems can be represented by layered triangulated surfaces which allows models of much greater complexity in the 3D world.
- NEW High-Performance Graphics Engine: the new 3D CAD graphics engine provides measurably faster overall operation, with the biggest performance increases in the areas of...
- creation and manipulation of larger more complex models
- quicker rotation and translation of objects
- high quality / print-ready client visuals
- improved CAD editing controls and responsiveness.
- NEW SVDESIGNER™ Conceptual Modeling Software Package: This brand new software program is tightly integrated within SVOFFICE™5/GT and allows for the representation and manipulation of complex 3D geometry and takes 3D modeling to a whole new level.
- Re-organized Menu: the menu system within the software has been reorganized slightly in a clearer format. Primary functions are organized in a left to right format along the menu.
- New SVOFFICE™5/GT Manager: the project manager dialog has been redesigned to greatly simplify its usage. Models can easily be grouped by project and stored anywhere on the users disk drive.
Fast and Stable Solutions of Large, Complex Numerical Models
|The most significant change to any particular module within our SVOFFICE™5/GT software has been to the SVSOLID™GT package which has been completely redesigned and utilizes a new SVCORE™ Finite Element Engine solver. The new solver has been developed over 20 years and allows fast and stable solution of extremely large three-dimensional numerical models. The design changes and technical advances in the software firmly position SVSOLID™GT as the premiere stress / deformation software package available in the world today.
Key features and enhancements of SVSOLID™GT:
- SVCORE™ - new high-performance, stable finite element solution engine
- Slope stability modeling with shear strength reduction (SSR) method
- Staged construction / excavation models
- 64-Bit Application:
- Create, open, edit and solve larger models of higher complexity faster and more efficiently than previously possible.
- More robust handling of highly variable geologic models improve model convergence runtimes.
- Enhanced dynamic performance for snappier 3D visualization and model interaction.
- Overall speed improvements help you to focus on model development and calibration.
- Improvements in parallel processing with support for up to 64 processor cores.
- Harness the full capabilities of modern 64-bit hardware and 64-bit operating systems.
- 1D / 2D / 3D Solutions handle any geometry configuration
- Modeling of small-strain and large-strain consolidation
- Elasto-plastic constitutive soil models
- Triangulated surface support
- Re-designed Manager - the project manager dialog has been redesigned to greatly simplify its usage. It also allows the advanced abilities of model grouping and linking which is particularly useful in large and complex modeling sequences.
- Re-organized Menu - the menu system within the software has been reorganized slightly in a clearer format. Primary functions are organized in a left to right format along the menu.
- Easily generate 3D models from 2D cross-sections, or slice 3D models into 2D cross-sections
- Easy to use - quickly design models based on an intuitive CAD user interface and logical feature layout allowing creation and completion of models in hours or days .. not weeks or months!
- Continuous Innovation - Quick addition of features for our customers. New versions are generated every two - four weeks!
- Extensive QAQC program
- Instrumentation support
- World Class support - highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.
Comprehensive / Comparative
List of Features
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5 software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
1. 3D Modeling Solutions
2. Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
3. Advanced Model Coupling
- With the highly advanced SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
- Advanced shear strength reduction (SSR) method of analysis with SVSOLID™GT
4. 3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
- Small-strain and large-strain consolidation analysis.
5. Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
6. Spatially Varying Material Properties
- SVDESIGNER™ Allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into SVFLUX™GT for analysis.
7. Product Integration
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our SVSLOPE® and SVFLUX™GT packages
8. Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions.
9. Extensive Soil Database
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our SVFLUX™GT package.
10. World Class Support
- Our SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.