SVDESIGNER™ also has tools to easily describe geotechnical designs into the 3D world. Standard cut and fill operations for roads, embankments, earth dams, and tailing stands are provided and allow easy entry of complex structures. Volume calculation functions then allow subsequent calculations of material requirements for construction purposes.
The software is designed to allow geotechnical engineers to quickly prototype designs in 3D.
Once a site or design is prototyped the volumes of materials can be calculated and subsequently used in construction processes. SVDESIGNER™ also acts as a manager of three-dimensional data for subsequent numerical modeling. Once three-dimensional geometry is created it can be subsequently output to numerical models in the form of 2D slices or as full three-dimensional models comprised of either grids or meshed surfaces.
SVDESIGNER™ represents a new paradigm for geotechnical design in that the full three-dimensional site geometry is represented. Subsequent 2D or 3D numerical modeling activities can be initiated based on professional judgment of the project engineer. Overall design and prototyping time is reduced in this system. The complexity of 3D numerical models that can be created in a short time frame is also improved.
Feel free to contact us for more information.
To learn more, click here for resources
Key features and capabilities of SVDESIGNER™:
- Create, open, edit and solve larger models of higher complexity faster and more efficiently than previously possible.
- More robust handling of highly variable geologic models improve model convergence runtimes.
- Enhanced dynamic performance for snappier 3D visualization and model interaction.
- Overall speed improvements help you to focus on model development and calibration.
- Improvements in parallel processing with support for up to 64 processor cores.
- Harness the full capabilities of modern 64-bit hardware and 64-bit operating systems.
- Easy to Use:Featuring a familiar user interface with easy to understand icons and functions. The software tools behave exactly how you would expect with a short learning curve. You will be able to start modeling right away.
- Representation of complex 3D surfaces:3D surfaces can be imported from a variety of formats and represented as grids or triangulated surfaces consisting of hundreds of thousands of individual elements.
- Supported Import File Types:
- DAT (TecPlot format used by AcuMesh)
- Plain ASCII
- DXF (AutoCAD)
- ESRI grid
- Surface Intersections: Intersections of complex surfaces represented as grids or as TINs can be accomplished.
- Geometry Editing: A rich variety of functionality is implemented in the software to allow editing of existing geometry to represent the integration of new geotechnical designs with existing topology. Editing features integrate with both surface grids and meshes.
- Surface cuts / excavations:Cuts into topography can be easily performed as per the design of a road cut into the side of a hill. Mining cuts such as with open pits can also be represented.
- Construction sequences:Sequences of layers or lifts of material as placed in earth dams or in mining operations can be easily represented in the 3D conceptual model.
- Volume calculations:Volumes of material can be calculated to aid in construction activities.
- Export to modeling packages:2D or 3D representations of particular geometry scenarios can be exported to any of the
SVOFFICE™numerical modeling packages for analysis. Exported models can utilize grids or triangulated meshes.
- Stunning client visuals:3D conceptual designs can be captured for display to clients and review of potential designs. Image draping of aerial site photos is supported. Fly-bys of sites can be created and exported as animations.
Get Up to Speed Program
SVDESIGNER™ offers an amazing set of intuitive and powerful features to help you conceptualize your geotechnical designs. To help you get to the end-goal faster, we are offering free model development services* with your initial purchase of SVDESIGNER™.
>Benefits of the Program
- Receive (1) one free 3D conceptual model created by our in-house modeling experts using your project data!*
- Work directly with the SoilVision team and discover key features and their applications
- Learn how to integrate your field data into the 3D SVDESIGNER environment
- Build your expertise from the people who develop the SoilVision products
Have you already purchased SVDESIGNER? You are still eligible to take advantage of this offer! Contact us to find out how.
*LIMITED AVAILABILITY, BASED ON FIRST COME - FIRST SERVED. MAXIMUM OF 15 HOURS.
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5 software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
3D Modeling Solutions
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- With the highly advanced
SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
Advanced Model Coupling
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
SVDESIGNER™ allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into
SVFLUX™GE for analysis.
Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
Spatially Varying Material Properties
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our
SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our
Extensive Soil Database
SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
World Class Support
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.