Public Release of SVOFFICE™5/GE - Next Generation GeoEngineering Software Suite
Introducing SVOFFICE™5/GE. This release has been in development for seven years and builds on the success of our previous SVOffice™2009 product and provides the power of the FlexPDE® finite element solution engine. FlexPDE® provides the benefits of a general finite element solver, fully automatic mesh generation and mesh refinement in 1D, 2D, and 3D models.
The mature and simplified user interface is the result of 14 years of refinement and features a brand new "dual-mode" project manager. It helps new users get up and running fast and presents more advanced users with an expanded, fully featured user interface.
The suite offers a geotechnical and a geoenvironmental application focus and is well suited for solving complex flow and contaminant transport models.
The SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package has continued to improve and can now create 3D models of increased complexity. This is due in part to a significant addition to SVOFFICE™5/GE.. the SVDESIGNER™ conceptual modeling software package. This brand new software program is tightly integrated within SVOFFICE™5/GE and allows for the rapid prototyping of complex 3D geometry and geotechnical designs. SVDESIGNER™ is a user-friendly 3D conceptual model mesh builder used to visualize and manipulate your geotechnical / hydrogeological data. Volumes can be calculated or high-quality representations of staged geotechnical construction/excavation activities can be produced. Deep integration with our other modules means that the geometry output is easily used to produce 2D and 3D models within your SVOFFICE™5/GE projects. SVDESIGNER™ takes multi-dimensional modeling and visualization to a whole new level.
The entire suite of SVOFFICE™5/GE modules also take full advantage of a new and improved graphics engine that provides faster representation and viewing of complex 3D models.
The SVSOILS™ package (formerly known as SoilVision®) is the world's premier product for estimating the hydraulic properties for flow modeling in unsaturated soils. This innovative application has been completely rewritten, redesigned and reinvigorated. It features a modern codebase, an entirely new charting engine and a simplified user interface that significantly speeds up workflow and makes it very easy to use. It was very important that SVSOILS™ still supported the features which made its predecessor SoilVision® so popular. It is now fully integrated with the SVOFFICE™5/GE product suite. Significant improvements allow for simpler estimations of unsaturated hydraulic properties for groundwater seepage modeling. Constitutive models can be developed for soils with little volume change or soft clays/tailings with high volume change characteristics. The ability to manage constitutive behaviors of complex oil-sand tailing materials is present. Our database contains data on over 6,200 soil-water characteristic curves and provides numerous theoretical methods of estimating the soil-water characteristic curve (SWCC) or the unsaturated hydraulic conductivity curve. You are still able to calculate volume-mass properties of an air-water-soil mixture using any 3 measured properties.
SVOFFICE™5/GE offers advanced coupling between many of the suite modules for the solution of complex models involving flow / thermal / pore-air coupling or flow / transport numerical models. For example, pore-water pressures can be imported to form the basis of a slope-stability model. SVFLUX™GE is designed to model groundwater seepage in unsaturated or saturated soils and rock. It is offered as a comprehensive 1D, 2D and 3D finite-element program for calculating steady-state and transient-state groundwater flow. The package includes powerful features such as automatic mesh refinement, climatic coupling and calculation of actual evaporation from the ground surface. When fully coupled with SVHEAT™GE, it is the world's premier package for analysis of earth covers.
SVHEAT™GE is designed for the calculation of conductive and convective heat movement in frozen or unfrozen soils. It has the ability to handle building foundations, pipelines, or thermosyphons and the input of detailed climate weather station data to calculate the influence of atmospheric conditions. The impact of climatic conditions can be determined through an advanced snow boundary condition.
SVCHEM™GE is able to model contaminant transport through the saturated and unsaturated soil and rock zones. Simple particle tracking may be performed as well as modeling the processes of advection, diffusion, adsorption, decay and density dependencies. SVCHEM™GE is also able to refine the solution mesh based on any problem variable. SVCHEM™GE is applicable to geotechnical, geoenvironmental, mining and hydrogeological-related projects. Full coupling of SVFLUX™GE and SVCHEM™GE can perform advective analysis. The automatic mesh refinement is particularly useful for accurate solution of models with a moving contaminant front.
SVAIR™GE can be used to model dissipation of pore-air pressures and vapor infiltration in unsaturated soils. Saturation levels may be imported from SVOFFICE™5/GE. Simple steady-state as well as transient-state models can be created. SVAIR™GE can be applied to geotechnical, civil, hydrological, and mining engineering projects.
In addition to these already strong features the following key features and enhancements are noted:
- NEW SVDESIGNER™ Conceptual Modeling Software Package: This brand new software program is tightly integrated within SVOFFICE™5/GE and allows for the representation and manipulation of complex 3D geometry and takes 3D modeling to a whole new level.
- NEW SVSOILS™: (Formerly SoilVision®) This database of unsaturated hydraulic soil properties has been completely rewritten and redesigned.
- NEW High-Performance Graphics Engine: the new 3D CAD graphics engine provides measurably faster overall operation, with the biggest performance increases in the areas of...
- Creation and manipulation of larger more complex models
- Quicker rotation and translation of objects
- Faster transformations
- High quality / print-ready client visuals
- Improved CAD editing controls and responsiveness.
- Improved Charting: High quality, exportable charts.
- NEW SVOFFICE™5/GE Manager: A complete overhaul of the SVOFFICE™5/GE Manager provides a more intuitive experience. We have simplified the process of creating, managing and sharing your projects. With one click you can easily switch the manager between Learning mode and Expert mode. Learning mode presents the user with the bare essentials and user guidance to get you up and running fast. Expert mode expands the user interface and places all of the key project management components at your fingertips.
- 3D Modeling Solutions: Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and open pits.
- Easy to Use:Featuring a familiar user interface with easy to understand functions and redsigned icons. The menu system has been redesigned to simplify the number of choices to the user, greatly reducing the complexity of the software interface and providing a better user experience.
- Advanced Model Coupling:Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of cover designs, waste rock flow and various other applications. Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
- Advanced Multi-Directional Slope Stability Analysis:Models can now be built fully in 3D and a slip in any direction analyzed. This ability is exclusive to the SVSLOPE® 3D and not offered by any other competing packages.
- Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement:Automatic mesh generation and refinement greatly enhances model stability, accuracy, and convergence.
- Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis:Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our SVFLUX™ package.
- Spatially Varying Material Properties:Material properties may be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our SVSLOPE® and SVFLUX™ packages
- World Class Support:Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.
We welcome all inquiries and invite you to take the new SVOFFICE™5/GE software for a test drive.
FlexPDE is a registered trademark of PDE Solutions Inc.
SVSLOPE, SoilVision are registered trademarks of SoilVision Systems Ltd.