The new design is more tightly integrated with the SVOFFICE™5 suite of software and developed constitutive models may easily be integrated with the corresponding numerical analysis software package.
A new feature of SVSOILS™ is the ability to develop a consitutive model for oil-sand tailings as a saturated or unsaturated material.
SoilVision Systems Ltd. has spent years collecting high-quality unsaturated soil data from sources all over the world. Our database now contains data on over 6,200 soil samples. 98% of these soil samples have a soil-water characteristic curve measured in a laboratory. The soil database also contains saturated permeability (hydraulic conductivity) data on over 2,500 soils as well as unsaturated permeability data on over 700 soils.
It is crucial to have an accurate description of unsaturated soil properties when performing finite element modeling of water and contaminant flow through the unsaturated soil zone. Methods for estimating unsaturated soil properties may not always be reliable. The use of the database contained in the SVSOILS™ software can confirm the potential variability of your unsaturated soil properties. Groups of soils may be selected and plotted together to give a comprehensive idea of the variability of the soil-water characteristic curve. Determination of the air entry value (AEV) or the residual water content with increased accuracy is now possible.
To learn more, click here for resources
Key features and enhancements of SVSOILS™:
- Redesigned simple user interface: Increased workflow efficiency with powerful data mining/searching capabilities
- Estimate unsaturated hydraulic, thermal and stress soil properties
- Estimate SWCC by 9 methods
- Utilizes (Fredlund & Wilson) the most reliable method available of estimating the SWCC for sands, silts, and clays
- Estimate saturated hydraulic conductivity by 15 methods
- Estimate unsaturated hydraulic conductivity by 10 methods
- Calculate volume-mass properties of an air-water-soil mixture using any 3 measured properties
- Calculate independent volume-mass properties of an oil-sand material including bitumen
- Import unsaturated constitutive model into
SVFLUX™ for unsaturated seepage modeling
- Fit and estimate properties for consolidation modeling
- Estimate oil-sand tailings constitutive properties
- Automatic soil classification
- Improved charting: High quality exportable charts
- Tightly integrated with the new SVOFFICE™5 Manager
- Continuous innovation - Quick addition of features for our customers. New versions are generated every two - four weeks!
Comprehensive / Comparative
List of Features
- Estimation of field capacity and capillary rise based on grainsize information
- Estimation of soil-water characteristic curves
- Estimation of saturated hydraulic conductivity curves
- Estimation of unsaturated hydraulic conductivity curves
- Estimation of unsaturated hydraulic soil properties for seepage finite element modeling
- Easily push data to
SVFLUX™ to perform your seepage analysis
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5 software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
3D Modeling Solutions
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- With the highly advanced
SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
Advanced Model Coupling
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
SVDESIGNER™ allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into
SVFLUX™GE for analysis.
Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
Spatially Varying Material Properties
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our
SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our
Extensive Soil Database
SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
World Class Support
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.