Easy Implementation of Advanced Climate Boundary Conditions
SVHEAT™GE is designed for the calculation of conductive and convective heat movement in saturated or unsaturated soils. The software implements the ability to handle thermosyphons and the input of detailed climate weather stations data to calculate the influence of atmospheric conditions. Advanced boundary conditions allow the accommodation of the thermally insulating effects of snow. Geothermal gradients and the movement of freezing fronts are easily calculated and visualized. SVHEAT™GE allows you to analyze steady-state or transient thermal conduction and convection models. Convection models may be created by coupling with SVFLUX™GE. User defined soil properties define the latent heat released or absorbed during the ice-water phase change.
SVHEAT™GE is currently being used by universities and consultants around the world. Feel free to contact us for more information.
To learn more, click here for resources
The following list is a collection of the most common applications for SVHEAT™. Most of them are included as sample models in
our free software downloads.
- Model the depth of freezing during winter months
- Model the application of thermosyphons to freeze the ground
- Ground freezing for soil stabilization, including the use of freezing pipes around mine shafts or thermosyphons on top of earth dams
- Simulate the process in borehole thermal energy storage systems (BTES), which includes simulating the heat injection into the boreholes, the heat that can be stored and then extracted from the BTES, and the potential thermal losses in the ground
- Model heat flow in
- Freeze-thaw action beneath airport runways
- Model geothermal reservoirs: locating re-injection wells, production forecasting, volume calculation, heat resource estimation
- Perform general
geothermal modeling of canals
underground mine structures by coupling SVHEAT™GE with
SVFLUX™. Calculate the ice/water interface and track frozen zones in the subsurface
- Perform climatic analysis of earth covers by coupling SVHEAT™GE with SVFLUX™
- Degradation of permafrost beneath warm buildings or around a warm, buried pipeline
- Frost depth penetration beneath chilled structures such as a recreational ice surface or a highway during winter
- Model the thermal regime around
- Development of a frost bulb around a chilled pipeline
- Effectiveness of various insulation alternatives for reducing freezing and / or thawing
SVOFFICE™5 User Manual
The investment in geotechnical / hydrogeological software is an important decision for most consulting firms. Software must perform well and yield results in a limited timeframe such that reports can be completed on time and under budget. We recognize this at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and and have worked hard over the past number of years to provide software which is both easy to use and technologically advanced. We believe that the current SVOFFICE™5/GE software product is the best software suite currently available for geotechnical and hydrogeological applications. Listed below are a few of the reasons why your firm would benefit from our software from the perspective of a manager.
3D Modeling Solutions
- Modeling of systems which are not adequately represented by a simplified 2D cross section may be accomplished in full 3D. Examples include regional flow, levee analysis, and planar geometry.
Advanced Slope Stability Analysis
- With the highly advanced
SVSLOPE® slope stability analysis package, your company will have access to the most comprehensive array of deterministic and probabilistic methods of limit equilibrium and stress-based analysis methods.
Advanced Model Coupling
- Coupling of the air/water/thermal phases allows more comprehensive analysis of i) cover designs and, ii) waste rock flow, and iii) various other applications.
- Coupled density-dependant flow allows handling of salt-water/ fresh water potash mine tailings scenarios and tidal inflow scenarios.
3D Conceptual Geometry Modeling and Visualization and 2D Slicing with SVDESIGNER™
SVDESIGNER™ allows for rapid three-dimensional geotechnical prototyping of designs.
- 2D slices can be quickly and easily extracted from your geotechnical designs and brought into
SVFLUX™GE for analysis.
Automatic Mesh Generation and Refinement
Automatic mesh generation and
refinement greatly enhances model stability, accuracy, and convergence.
Spatially Varying Material Properties
- Material properties may now be set to vary spatially in any particular region of the model domain. This is available in our
- Products support highly integrated and coupled solutions. i.e. Rainfall on an unsaturated slope potentially causing instability.
Comprehensive Probabilistic Analysis
- Monte Carlo, APEM, Latin Hypercube and other types of probabilistic analysis may be carried out in our
SVSLOPE® package. Monte Carlo analysis for steady state models can be carried out in our
Extensive Soil Database
SVSOILS™ (formerly SOILVISION®) Database of unsaturated hydraulic properties includes laboratory data on over 6500 soils and 24 theoretical methods of estimating unsaturated hydraulic properties.
World Class Support
- Highly dedicated team with tracking and fast response to all raised issues - typically within 24 - 48 hours.