June 6, 2011
SVOffice™ 2009 supports overlapping geometry, but complex 2D models may benefit from non-overlapping geometry. SVOffice™ 2009 includes a tool to make this operation easy. It operates in one of two modes: an automaticmode that attempts to generate all non-overlapping geometry, and a manualmode that provides tools for determining intersections, unions, subtractions, and exclusive-or operations. The manual mode includes settings to generate new regions, modify existing regions, and to remove clipping regions after use.
The following model demonstrates a sample case. Note the highlighted region geometry in red:
Standard earth dam, geometry in red
Earth dam after calculating intersections
Use the following steps to access this feature:
- Open the model to be modified,
- Select Model > Geometry > Tools > Intersection...,
- Use the Automatic tab to auto-generate region intersections, or
- Use the Manual tab to access detailed functions for intersection, union, subtraction, and exclusive-or,
- Adjust the options on the Manual tab to generate new regions, modify existing ones, and remove clipping regions after use.
Complex example with colored regions
Please contact us directly for more information on this feature, or feel free to download the student version of our software and try it out!