March 26, 2012
Since the inception of SoilVision, response to customer needs has been a primary focus. Evidence of this has been significant since the release of SVOffice 2009. Daily contact with our customers, coupled with a talented responsive software development team has lead to our "Continuous Innovation".
"Continuous Innovation" is at the core of what we do here at SoilVision Systems Ltd. and we strive daily to respond promptly to our customer's requests and needs and to advance the application of scientific research into geo-engineering practices.
Murray Fredlund, President
SoilVision Systems Ltd.
- Over 140new features added to the software
- Over 220improvements to existing features
- Over 50versions of the software released
The following are ways in which we have responded to you, our valued customer:
- The development of the most complete package on the market for 2D and 3D slope stability modeling
- Eurocode 7
- Rapid-drawdown analysis: Transient Effective Stress Method and Duncan Three-stage Total Stress Method
- Three-way coupling of seepage, thermal, and air-flow processes
- Enhanced climate boundary conditions for snow cover
- Numerous improvements for hydrogeological modeling including tunnel and well objects and river modeling
- 2D to 3D Model extrusion
- An improved Penman-Wilson Method
- A very streamlined user friendly interface based upon best industry practices
- Many many more additions detailed in our release notes
Focus on high quality software
- We do careful testing and new releases continuously to ensure that you can get your modeling done by fixing any bugs reported quickly
- Continuous upgrading and improvement in our QAQC program
- Every time a version is released, the version is run through hundreds of verification and industry standard benchmarks models. This allows us to quickly determine when something is not working and to correct it before releasing a new version. Many of these models are in our model gallery and are included in our software for you to try out.
- We adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace by investigating new technologies and software development methods to incorporate into our software.
The demands in our industry are constantly evolving and changing. We are determined to continually meet these demands, and provide you with useful, innovative, cutting edge software developed with the highest of standards.
This continuous innovation on our product has shown in the comments we are receiving from industry leaders shown below.
We have been using SVSlope and SVFlux for the past year and have found them to be efficient and productive engineering tools which have allowed us to offer our services in an efficient manner. The capability of automated increased discretization of the mesh is an absolute benefit to our modeling, reducing time and effort. We have found the software quick and easy for our engineers to train and utilize. I would recommend this product to other geotechnical consulting firms.
Barry L. Carlson, P.E., President, InTerraLogic
I used the climatic coupling of the SVFlux software in my research and the software's abilities were central to the completion of the numerical modeling aspect of my program. I particularly found the flexibility offered by SVFlux and the responsiveness of the technical team at SoilVision to my inquiries extremely helpful. I would recommend this software to anyone else integrating seepage modeling with climatic coupling.
Adedeji Dunmola, Extraction and Tailings Technology Development Specialist, Shell Canada Limited
I'm very pleased with the software. It is stable, versatile, and fast, and so far has responded to my demands. Well worth the investment.
Senior Hydrologist, Golder Associates
We found the response time regarding implementation of the new boundary condition feature impressive. The software has subsequently been utilized on various projects within AMEC including dry stack and traditional tailing storage facility design, as well as numerous closure cover systems. The comprehensive climatic and material characteristic relationships and CAD interface have been instrumental in reducing both modeling time and cost.
Justin Hall, P.Eng., Senior Engineer, AMEC Earth & Environmental
The SVFlux software has provided a stable and productive environment by which we have been able to quickly apply unsaturated flow numerical models and further develop this area of our business.
Albert van Zyl
Golder Associates, South Africa
I do think this type of modeling should be more routinely done and until now there has not been an easy way of doing this. Beyond a few hiccups in setting up the model (mostly lack of CAD software experience on my part) and then the subsequent setting up and understanding of physical properties and units (small learning curve) the model ran and calculated quickly with good visual results. I would have no reservations in recommending SVHEAT heat modeling to better understand heat flow into borehole heat exchangers in a residential geothermal installation. This understanding can be applicable to borehole spacing and depth of drilling for any particular ground and aquifers that intersect the boreholes.
Brad Ford, P.Geol.
Potential Energy Geothermal
Modelling can be time consuming but SVHeat improved our efficiency by allowing us to use AutoCAD™ drawings and automatic mesh generation while managing the input data through a database.
Michel Noël, M.Sc.A., P.Eng.
Senior Engineer, GeoEnvironmental Engineering
SRK Consulting Ltd.
If you would like more information on our products, feel free to contact us directly or to download the student version of our software and try it out!